Choosing a broker is like choosing a doctor or a dentist. Think about it. You are entrusting this professional with your finances. Ask friends colleagues for referrals and compile a list of qualities that you are looking for in a broker, along with your own financial goals and objectives. What type of experience does the broker have?? Is his/her investment philosophy in tune with your own?? Above all, you should feel comfortable with the broker you choose.
There are six standards of quality you can expect from your Stock Broker:
- Putting your interest first.
- Focusing on long term relationship.
- Being realistic about your individual needs and goals.
- Responding to your inquiries quickly and efficiently.
- Knowing and anticipating your changing needs.
- Treating you with respect and courtesy.